Trusted Connection Issue

• Hi All,

I am facing some difficulties while trying to make connectivity to SQL Server.

I will brief the environment.

1. I am log in to a domain called 'Domain1'

2.Established a VPN (Windows VPN) connectivity to other domain 'Domain2' using the credentials (UserID: Domain2\user,pwd:password).

3. SQL Server (SQLServer1) is present on Domain2, where Domain2\user is added as a login to this SQL Server. (It is in mixed mode)

4. I am trying to establish connectivity from my system (Domain1\user) to this server (SQLServer1) using windows authentication. But I am getting the following error.

Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 18452)

I am able to Connect using SQL Authentication mode to this server.

It will be very helpful, If anybody can give me some insights on it.

Agson

• To use Windows Authentication to SQLServer1 in Domain2 you need to add your Domain1 user account (Domain1\user) as a login to SQLServer1.

hth,

• Hi All,

First of all thanks for Lynn for the reply.

We have resolved the issue. There was nothing to do with VPN, Logins, and Domains etc.

Issue is with the client operating system we are using. We have replaced windows 2000 professional with windows XP and now 'windows authentication' mode is working fine.

I don't know why it is working with Xp and not working with Windows 2000 Professional. May be because Windows 2000 is made up with NT Technology and it is in a more restricted mode. 

Regards

Agson Chellakudam

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply