trying to return all tables except the system talbes from a given database

• Please post new questions in a new thread. Your question is totally unrelated to the discussion on this thread.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • ============================================================================

gsquared:

One of the most fundamental rights any human being has (or has been denied) is the right to choose with whom to associate. If Lynn, or anyone else, chooses not to associate with you, in this case by deciding not to further help you, that is merely an exercise of that right.

If you do not get to choose the people you will help, and what help you will provide, then you are a slave. It's really as simple as that. There is no such thing as "involuntary charity". It's just slavery by a different name.

- GSquared

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

============================================================================

That's a little drastic GSquared but i like the deepness of your insight. I think what i learned from this forum discussion is that there are those here who feel it is their obligation to enforce some sort of standards upon the rest of us. I'm fine w that. At the very least it will keep sqlservercentral to be more of a legit forum for discussion and so on. I'm sure all of us who use this site appreciate that in the long run. I still think there are some of u who are a little too attached to this thing they call sqlservercentral. Regardless i really enjoyed our discussion and in closing just say that in this instance we will have to agree to disagree because there isn't a man/woman out there that could post something that would offend me so much that i wouldn't provide them assistance in the future. It's a friggin forum. My first profession was baseball and perhaps i still have a little of the locker room tough skin or something.

With that being said.

Testing cycle complete. CirquedeSQLeil’s savvy solution although a little unorthodox worked perfectly. Nice work. I now have a process that uses linked server to query n number of sql 2005 & 2008 instances and populated a SOURCE dataDictionary Table and DataDictionary column table. Went ahead and build a report using reporting services which was pretty cool as well.

Thanks’ everyone….and I mean everyone!

• BaldingLoopMan (2/24/2010)

gsquared:

One of the most fundamental rights any human being has (or has been denied) is the right to choose with whom to associate. If Lynn, or anyone else, chooses not to associate with you, in this case by deciding not to further help you, that is merely an exercise of that right.

If you do not get to choose the people you will help, and what help you will provide, then you are a slave. It's really as simple as that. There is no such thing as "involuntary charity". It's just slavery by a different name.

- GSquared

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

That's a little drastic GSquared but i like the deepness of your insight. I think what i learned from this forum discussion is that there are those here who feel it is their obligation to enforce some sort of standards upon the rest of us. I'm fine w that. At the very least it will keep sqlservercentral to be more of a legit forum for discussion and so on. I'm sure all of us who use this site appreciate that in the long run. I still think there are some of u who are a little too attached to this thing they call sqlservercentral. Regardless i really enjoyed our discussion and in closing just say that in this instance we will have to agree to disagree because there isn't a man/woman out there that could post something that would offend me so much that i wouldn't provide them assistance in the future. It's a friggin forum. My first profession was baseball and perhaps i still have a little of the locker room tough skin or something.

With that being said.

Testing cycle complete. CirquedeSQLeil’s savvy solution although a little unorthodox worked perfectly. Nice work. I now have a process that uses linked server to query n number of sql 2005 & 2008 instances and populated a SOURCE dataDictionary Table and DataDictionary column table. Went ahead and build a report using reporting services which was pretty cool as well.

I'm pretty thick skinned too, have to be when you officiate soccer. Still, there is a point when action is still needed.

You may think what Gus posted was drastic, it wasn't. You don't have a right to get help from me or anyone else on this forum. If we chose to provide it, that is our choice, not yours. And as others have said, I'm usually the last to give up on a difficult OP. All I ask for is professionalism. Leave off the name calling or derogatory/snide comments. You may not mind the snide comments and such but I do, especially from someone I don't feel has earned the right to treat me that way. Only good friends and close colleagues have that right, and then it also depends on the circumstances of the comments.

And if you step over that line and are called on it, be professional enough to recognize what occurred and apologize.

• I think i may have made some quick judgements about you Lynn and for that i'm sorry. Apparently those u call friends on this site do not feel you are even close to the way that i judged u to be as Alvin Ramard pointed out.

I hope my post didn't reinforce the sort of "help if i like u" mentality. Don't want to spoil it for others.

I think i may have made some quick judgements about you Lynn and for that i'm sorry. Apparently those u call friends on this site do not feel you are even close to the way that i judged u to be as Alvin Ramard pointed out.

I hope my post didn't reinforce the sort of "help if i like u" mentality. Don't want to spoil it for others.

There are some posters that some people won't help and mostly it is because they won't help themselves.

You're welcome.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply