Trying to view / export packages SSIS 2005

• On a server (clustered - yes I know SSIS isn't cluster aware - I've inherited this server) the is a failing job, the steps of which are SSIS packages stored in the SQL server (please excuse lack of correct terminology - I am picking up SSIS very quickly out of need).

My idea to correct the failing job was to export the package to file system then at least start to see where things are going wrong.

I connect to the server using Integration Server type and browse Stored packages -> MSDB to see the packages. I then get the error in the attached screen shot.

I get the error on either node of the cluster as well

Is there any way I can recover these packages to try and debug them as no one here knows what they are supposed to be doing. Users are reporting that "the data isn't right" though.

Might check out the job sites later as this sort of thing has been a theme since I started at this company 6 months ago.:crying:

BTW Named Pipes is enabled on this server

-------------------------------Posting Data Etiquette - Jeff Moden [/url]Smart way to ask a question
    There are naive questions, tedious questions, ill-phrased questions, questions put after inadequate self-criticism. But every question is a cry to understand (the world). There is no such thing as a dumb question. ― Carl Sagan
    I would never join a club that would allow me as a member - Groucho Marx

• An update

I have now found that these are Imported DTS packages not SSIS created packages.

I can't export these as anything other than DTS files which isn't much good as we don't have any SQL 2000 / 7 servers here.

I can't export to SQL server either - I guess this is due to the clustering but don't know enough to say for sure.

Does any one have any idea on how to edit a DTS package with out having a previous version of SQL server?

-------------------------------Posting Data Etiquette - Jeff Moden [/url]Smart way to ask a question
    There are naive questions, tedious questions, ill-phrased questions, questions put after inadequate self-criticism. But every question is a cry to understand (the world). There is no such thing as a dumb question. ― Carl Sagan

• No longer an issue.

System replaced on another server - no one told all the users.

Ain't life grand!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply