zone product sale_price qty

North Tv 20000.00 2

South Tv 30000.00 3

North Computer 15000.00 2

South Computer 25000.00 3

I need to get result set as total_qty total_sale total_qty_tv total_sale_tv

10 90000.00 5 50000.00

In sql server according to this query i got the result

select sum(t1.qty) total_qty ,sum(t1.sale_price) total_sale,t2.total_qty_tv,t2.total_sale_tv from PRODUCTs t1,

(select sum(qty) total_qty_tv,SUM(sale_price) total_sale_tv from products where product='Tv')t2

group by t2.total_qty_tv,t2.total_sale_tv

How to get the same result by using ssis package .can any help by sending as screen shot also.

• Apparently you have a magic SQL query, because there is no quantity column in the source, but there is one in the output. :w00t:

Seriously now, you can just execute the SQL statement in an Execute SQL Task in SSIS.

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• Sorry, I forgot the screenshot (see the attachment).

• without using the query .Means using oledb source and aggregate tranfomations i need to send to destination .

Not using that query in execute task or in oledb source

• nhimabindhu (2/6/2012)

without using the query .Means using oledb source and aggregate tranfomations i need to send to destination .

Not using that query in execute task or in oledb source

Please explain why not.

The query will run faster in SQL, so it's wise to use it if possible.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Requirement is like that without using sql query .populating data using only ssis transfomations.:-)

• Is this a school project or something?

Whoever made that requirement needs to justify it.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• nhimabindhu (2/6/2012)

Requirement is like that without using sql query .populating data using only ssis transfomations.:-)

That is a silly requirement. TSQL will outperform the SSIS components by a multitude (or is it magnitude?)

The aggregation transforms in SSIS are blocking components, so they slow things down enormously.

Also, don't forget you are dealing with a subquery. That will be peachy when only using SSIS components.

• Sounds a lot like homework.. And stupid homework at that.

Honestly I wouldn't accept this requirement, there is no rational reason to do it this way when the data is stored in SQL.

CEWII

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply