Unable to communicate with Report Server

• I installed the RS last week and all was working fine.  This morning I tried to execute a report and I got the message 'Unable to communicate with Report Server'  .  I've verified that the service is running.  Here is what the Report Server logs say:

aspnet_wp!library!788!3/22/2004-11:12:44:: e ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ServerConfigurationErrorException: The Report Server has encountered a configuration error; more details in the log files, error reading SKU information: installation error;

Info: Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ServerConfigurationErrorException: The Report Server has encountered a configuration error; more details in the log files

aspnet_wp!webserver!788!3/22/2004-11:12:56:: i INFO: Reporting Web Server started

aspnet_wp!resourceutilities!788!3/22/2004-11:12:56:: i INFO: Running on 1 physical processors, 1 logical processors

Please help!!

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Have you tried reconfiguring or reinstalling service to see if corrects? Unfortunately too new to have much in KB on it and I have not seen this before.

• I've actually resolved this issue with some help from the Microsoft newsgroup. 

Someone from Microsoft suggested I make sure that the ASP.NET account had proper permissions to view all the registry keys below: HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server 

I gave ASP.NET account more permissions on the server, uninstalled/reinstalled Reporting Services and everything seems to work fine.

Thanks

• Thank you for posting back your answer. Will maybe help someone in the future. Sorry I wasn't much help but now I know.

• I apologize in advance -- I have seen this answer (or one like it) in several areas and I assume it makes sense. I simply don't know what it means. Where are the registry keys and how do I give ASP.NET access to them?

Will un/re-installing Reporting Services "break" anything else?

Thanks!

• Sidat Hyder - Shimail Ahmed Gillani

==========================

Hello Guys AoA!

The only thing i had to do is as follows:

1) Open configuration file as C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL

Server\MSSQL\Reporting Services\ReportManager\RSWebApplication.config in

NotePad.Exe

2) ReportingServices by default install as :

<UI>

<ReportServerUrl>

http://localhost/ReportServer

</ReportServerUrl>

</UI>

3) Check about your directory structure , replace it if it is different from

yours.

4) Save and browse for report manager it should work now.

5) Best of luck

Thanks, Regards and AH

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply