Unable to configure Subscriber when systems are connected over the internet

•  

Dear Friends,

I have two different sql servers one two different domains connected by internet. Iam working on Doman-A. Both sql server's are 2005

Domain Name  System Name         Sql Instance Name             Port No

Domain-A       SysA(IP:202.187.65.124)     SqlA                              1215

Domain-B       SysB(IP:102.45.68.125)       SqlB                               1465

Intially I was unable to connect from SysA to SysB through sql management studio. But after giving the connection string as 102.45.68.125\SqlB,1465 I was able to connect. Now my main problem is with the replication only. I had configured Publisher and Distrbutor on SysA. I want the subscriber to be SysB. But when I try to configure the subscription in the New Subscription Wizard from SSMS installed on SysA and try to Configure the subscription I get the following error message:

TITLE: New Subscription Wizard

------------------------------

SQL Server replication requires the actual server name to make a connection to the server. Connections through a server alias, IP address, or any other alternate name are not supported. Specify the actual server name, 'SysB\SqlB'. (Replication.Utilities)

Plz help me guys.

Thanking you

Chandra Mohan N

[font="Verdana"]Thanks
    Chandra Mohan[/font]

• Have you actually registered SQLB in SSMS?

How can you configure the Subscriber if it's not seeable with Domain A?

Kindest Regards,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply