Unable to load client print control

• I solved the issue by downloading and applying the latest patches for Reporting Services and SQL Server 2005. Then update the client with the latest patches through windows update (problem was related to kill-bits). Not sure if Microsoft Update is required here to get the Kill-Bits update.

I then access the reports and when trying to print, I get the question to install an ActiveX dll. After that, no problems printing, for our clients at least

• I apply SP3, Cumulative update 5 of SP3, install Report Viewer 2008 SP1 Redistributable but still getting the error.

Any help on this?

When go to view source i still see the version as 9.0.21022.8

<script src="/Reserved.ReportViewerWebControl.axd?OpType=Resource&Version=9.0.21022.8&Name=Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.Scripts.ReportViewer.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

• Hello,

we are getting a similar error if the client is using a VPN connection to access our application.All users

who are connected via the local intranet do not face the control issue'

Any soultion to the VPN problem ??

thanks in advance.

• Low Rider (10/15/2009)

Hello,

we are getting a similar error if the client is using a VPN connection to access our application.All users

who are connected via the local intranet do not face the control issue'

Any soultion to the VPN problem ??

thanks in advance.

hello we have applied Sp3 to the sql server (2005 ,ent ) but still the same problem persists.

any ideas from anyone ?

thanks

• I manage to solve the problem after apply report viewer redistributablen

2008 SP1 on web server. You can based on step (2.) to check which version of report viewer you should apply:http://support.microsoft.com/?id=967511

If report server and web server in same machine, then apply the patches on the machine. If two different machine, then you need apply on web server.

• Below link helped to solve the problem.

http://vettekerry.wordpress.com/2009/05/04/unable-to-load-client-print-control-in-reporting-services-2005/

deleted the [-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\ActiveX Compatibility\{FA91DF8D-53AB-455D-AB20-F2F023E498D3}] key from registry.

on client pc and it asked for a install pop up ,after installing was able to view the print box.

• Hi all,

I did not have the 2 problem security patches on the server mentioned by many of the users, but still had the problem. I tried the option on my machine - deleted the registry key. And when i tried to print, then was prompted to install an ActiveX control fby Microsoft and it solved the problem.

Thanks to everyone...

• Hi,

we had a similar issue and seemed to have been caused by the security patches mentioned above. we even logged a service request with microsoft who could not help us . Long story short.. the way i resolved it was by adding the NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK account to the local POWER USERS group on each of the reporting servers. nothing had to be done on the client side, 6 - 8 months on no problems.

regards

glen

• Hi All,

We had the same issue on our Reporting Server. There was no service pack installed on the server where reporting services were installed. I just installed the SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 3. And it solved the issue.

Thanks

Prashu

• We have had a similar issue with the printing with the reporting services, but only since we upgraded to SQL Server 2008R2, the end users can print, but when they print a 4 page report they are only getting the first page. If they print to screen, click the print layout and then choose a printer the report prints all 4 pages. What are we doing wrong? Any ideas?

• After I applied all the needed packages(kb954606, kb954607(kb953752),ReportViewer2005SP1) on RS server, and also with ReportViewer2005SP1 on client desktop. It is still not working on client machine with pressing Report Manager print button.

However when I applied that registry deleting:

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\ActiveX Compatibility\{FA91DF8D-53AB-455D-AB20-F2F023E498D3}]

on Client machine, I get client printing work.

Also if you need to try the Report Manager printing on Reporting Service Server machine, do not forget to get this registry deleteing done on server.

My Environment: Windows XP Pro for both server and desktop, SSRS 2005

• Just wanted to post to say after many months of trying to get this working in MS CRM this actually worked!

Thanks

• Anything can be done on the report server that solves this problem instead of doing it on each client machine?

We are using sql server 2005 sp2

Thanks

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply