Unable to open SQL ErrorLog (SQL 2005)

• alexaustin1 (5/21/2012)

I too had the similiar issue with unable to open the error log along with the following error in eventviewer:

Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'. Reason: Token-based server access validation failed with an infrastructure error. Check for previous errors.

I was also unable to connect to SSMS using Windows authentication with error: Login failed. The login is from an untrusted domain and cannot be used with Windows authentication. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 18452)

Solution:

I disabled the authentication loopback check by setting the DisableLoopbackCheck value in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa registry subkey to 1 and it worked for me.

To set the DisableLoopbackCheck registry entry to 1, follow below steps on all nodes of cluster.

a. Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.

b. Locate the following registry path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa

c. Right-click Lsa, select New, and then click DWORD Value.

d. Type DisableLoopbackCheck, and then press ENTER.

e. Right-click DisableLoopbackCheck, and then click Modify.

f. In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.

Thanks,

Alex Austin

SQL DBA

This worked great! SQL Server jobs running SSIS packages were failing, and I couldn't even open up a cmd prompt and type SQLCMD without it erroring about the trusted connection. I could connect in SSMS to the local server fine. Did your tip about disabling the loopback and viola!

Thanks!

Viewing post 16 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply