Unable to save changes in SSIS package

• I modifying an existing SSIS package from SQL Server 2005 . I open the SSIS package in BIDS and make some changes (for example, I change the server name in a connection string), then I test the new connection successfully and save and close the solution.

When I reopen the solution on the 2008 machine, the above change has been lost and the original value has been restored.Can someone please help on this issue or throw some light? Thank you very much in advance.

• Have you deployed the updated package to the server, either in the file system or to msdb?

• I modifying an existing SSIS package from SQL Server 2005 . I open the SSIS package in BIDS and make some changes (for example, I change the server name in a connection string), then I test the new connection successfully and save and close the solution.

When I reopen the solution on the 2005 machine, the above change has been lost and the original value has been restored.Can someone please help on this issue or throw some light? Thank you very much in advance.

As you are saying deploy it does it mean I have debug that package again?

• I think what Lynn is saying is -is it the same file you are opening?

in 2005 open the solution, in solution explorer right click and get the properties of the package. Now in windows explorer go get the date and time of that package.

Repeat the same for the 2008 solution.

The 2008 date and time should be the same or later than 2005! If not you are not updating the package in 2008.

Deployment in its simplest form is -> taking the file you are editing and move it to where it will be run from. Google deployment manifest.

Hope this helps.

Ells

😎

• Apology for the typing mistake but i am opening the same packet in the same environment which is sql 2005 BIDS. I have corrected my typing by BOLD 2005 latter.

For more clear information i am facing the isssue like below link

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/sqlintegrationservices/thread/fe3cdece-e896-4c0e-bb94-cc0fceedd452/

but mine is in the same environment. Thanks.

• I am assuming you are using two machines. I am assuming that you are editing and saving on machine 1 and then moving the solution to machine 2 and opening the solution on machine 2 in BIDS. When you open the solution on machine 2 the changes are not there.

Is that correct?

On your first machine where everything is ok.

Right cklick on the connection manager and in the properties there is aproperty expressions - are there any expressions relating to this connection? On the control flow right click and choose package configurations - are there any package configurations associated with this package?

Ells

• FYI it is the same and single sql 2005 environment in which i am trying to open the package.

You know what may be i have got the solution. It's look like it is a service pack problem. I have got sql server sp3 installed on the current environment.

I moved that package to the sql sp2 environment and then made the changes and save it and it's all good. Changes were there.So i think it is a service pack problem. Still i am in the middle of this. Will keep you posted it i will succeed.

• On your first machine where everything is ok.

Right cklick on the connection manager and in the properties there is aproperty expressions - are there any expressions relating to this connection? On the control flow right click and choose package configurations - are there any package configurations associated with this package?

Shamwow [/url]

• I have the same problem.unable to save the changes to SSISpackages in BIDS and yes it has configurations .

How can i edit and save the changes to the package?

• The connection settings are getting overridden with the settings in the config file.

First disable configurations - on menu bar SSIS > Package configurations, then make changes as required to the connection manager. If you still require config file, then reselect configurations from the menu, and save the config changes. Now the connection manager should retain the connection settings.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply