Unable to save record to a Table

• Hi,

We had an issue, saying that the application guys are trying to save a record on the database , and they have a message saying .....

" OLE IDispatch Exception code 0 from Microsoft OLE DB provider for SQL Server: Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'ABc', table 'xyz.dbo.Table'..

What could be the reason. The ABC column...has datatype INT(4). and it doesn't allow NULLS. But they are trying to save a new record. Is it because of the permissions?? Can some one suggest mee...

Thanks

Rahul

• It sounds like the application is trying to insert a NULL value in a column that doesn't accept NULLs

• Hi,

I hope I'm not missing anything.

But if the column doesn't allow nulls and the error is saying cannot insert null, then I'm going to go with the fact that someone is trying to insert null into that column.

Make sure that data is coming into the table for that col.

thanks

chris

----------------------------------------------
    Try to learn something about everything and everything about something. - Thomas Henry Huxley

:w00t:
    Posting Best Practices[/url]
    Numbers / Tally Tables[/url]

SQL-4-Life
  • Hi,,,Actually it had a different error now....

" OLE IDispatch exception code 0 from Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server :[OLE DB Provider returned message : New transaction cannot enlist in the specified transaction cordinator.]

I checked the security configuration on the MSDTC in component servvices. And its enabled for Allow Inbound, Allow Outbound , Enable XA Transactions and No authentication mode...

We have restarted the MSDTC . Do we have to do this on the client computer as well or just the server ?? and do we have to restart the server or just the MSDTC???

Regards

Rahul

• From the below mentioned link it looks you need to restart MSDTC on both the machines.

http://geekswithblogs.net/sureshg/archive/2006/02/14/69456.aspx

Not sure whether it will work for you or not. Hope, it helps.

Manu

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply