Unpivot

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Unpivot

• twin.devil (10/15/2014)

Comments posted to this topic are about the item <A HREF="/questions/unpivot/117130/">Unpivot</A>

HAHA,

Still wrong answer

admin has not tested it.

Answer should be two rows.

OrderID ProductName ProductQty

1 GiftCard 1

1 Shipping 3

I think admin should return yesterday and today's points.

Vimal LohaniSQL DBA | MCP (70-461,70-462)==============================The greatest barrier to success is the fear of failure ** Success is a journey not a destination**Think before you print, SAVE TREES, Protect Mother Nature

• Please see the Query result attachment..........

• I get 2 rows as you can see in this link:

It's a bad week for QOTD πŸ™‚

• After correcting the spelling mistakes ( if you run this query on a case sensitive instance) you will receive 2 rows!

• StefanMayer (10/16/2014)

After correcting the spelling mistakes ( if you run this query on a case sensitive instance) you will receive 2 rows!

What do you mean by correcting spelling mistakes and case sensitive instance

Vimal LohaniSQL DBA | MCP (70-461,70-462)==============================The greatest barrier to success is the fear of failure ** Success is a journey not a destination**Think before you print, SAVE TREES, Protect Mother Nature

• Vimal Lohani (10/15/2014)

twin.devil (10/15/2014)

Comments posted to this topic are about the item <A HREF="/questions/unpivot/117130/">Unpivot</A>

HAHA,

Still wrong answer

admin has not tested it.

Answer should be two rows.

OrderID ProductName ProductQty

1 GiftCard 1

1 Shipping 3

I think admin should return yesterday and today's points.

Agree. Seems like admin doesn't check the questions.

It went something wrong with the yesterday's and today's QotD answers.

Igor Micev,
    My blog: www.igormicev.com

• Give me my point !!!!!

• The answer is wrong again! As usual, I read the question and decided what my answer would be. I then ran the query and confirmed my answer only to be told that I was wrong when I picked my chosen answer.

I'm not going to complain about missing points because guess what, I've got a point by posting this.

On two occasions I have been asked, "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" ... I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
    β€”Charles Babbage, Passages from the Life of a Philosopher

How to post a question to get the most help http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Best+Practices/61537

• *sigh*

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• Koen Verbeeck (10/16/2014)

*sigh*

Indeed

-------------------------------Posting Data Etiquette - Jeff Moden [/url]Smart way to ask a question
    There are naive questions, tedious questions, ill-phrased questions, questions put after inadequate self-criticism. But every question is a cry to understand (the world). There is no such thing as a dumb question. ― Carl Sagan
    I would never join a club that would allow me as a member - Groucho Marx

• "Besides, null values in the input of UNPIVOT disappear in the output."

Exactly. But it means 2 rows. πŸ˜‰

• BWFC (10/16/2014)

I'm not going to complain about missing points because guess what, I've got a point by posting this.

Woohoo! 😎

πŸ˜‰

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• I'm not going to complain about missing points because guess what, I've got a point by posting this.

Good point πŸ˜‰ but that won't fix your stats. I would prefer my point back in first place...

• I mean the difference of Orderid and OrderID, case sensitive systems think, that there are 2 different variables.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 64 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply