Unpivot

• BWFC (10/16/2014)

I'm not going to complain about missing points because guess what, I've got a point by posting this.

So do I 😀

• twin.devil (10/16/2014)

Apologies everyone wrong radio button was selected ... Still wondering how.

As for the point, i would say ..

Sometimes in the real world, even if you are right you still ends up with empty hands 😛

Look at the positive positive side. script didn't generate error and importantly, you will not forget that UNPIVOT do not return all the rows 😉

last but one the least thanks for comments.

2 consecutive questions with wrong answers, too much.

• Hany Helmy (10/20/2014)

twin.devil (10/16/2014)

Apologies everyone wrong radio button was selected ... Still wondering how.

As for the point, i would say ..

Sometimes in the real world, even if you are right you still ends up with empty hands 😛

Look at the positive positive side. script didn't generate error and importantly, you will not forget that UNPIVOT do not return all the rows 😉

last but one the least thanks for comments.

2 consecutive questions with wrong answers, too much.

Looking forward to your offering for QOTD. 😎

Gaz

-- Stop your grinnin' and drop your linen...they're everywhere!!!

• I learned something about unpivoting and nulls.

• Miles Neale (10/17/2014)

Sean of the Lynchmob (10/17/2014)

I would like to say a huge thank you to the question posters, even when they post the wrong answer. For me personally, the QotD is increasing my knowledge as whenever there is something I have never come across then I research it, so increasing my knowledge. I don't think I will ever have the confidence to post a question myself so I always admire the people who do.

Bottom line, SQL Server Central doesn't actually HAVE to post a question of the day and the guys there could easily get tired of the bitching over not getting a point and stop doing it!

Sean

Could not agree more. This is a opportunity to learn and be exposed to interesting facts, processes, and uses of the tools we make a living using. And some take it as an opportunity to vent online when they cannot afford to vent on the job. Seems to serve a wonderful purpose.

To summarize, here you get

1. Free information

2. Free education

3. Free answers to your questions

4. People who listen for free (thanks Steve)

5. Free up-to-date job related insight

6. Free Encouragement to increase our skills and resume

7. And a free place to vent

It has been said "free advice is worth what you pay for it" but here at SSC you get a great value for only the price of your time. Well worth it. What more can we ask for?

So what if they mess up the QotD from time to time. You learn more and remember it longer if there is a struggle getting the point(s) for an answer, or in making your point. It makes you think, and that is very valuable.

very good elaboration

Viewing 5 posts - 61 through 64 (of 64 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply