Unsubscribe from Topic

• Hi,

Is it possible to unsubscribe from a topic when viewing the topic.

I find it a mission to got to my control panel and have to go through all the topics to unsubscribe that way.

It would be nice if we could do this from the topic options of each topic .

thanks

Chris

----------------------------------------------
    Try to learn something about everything and everything about something. - Thomas Henry Huxley

:w00t:
    Posting Best Practices[/url]
    Numbers / Tally Tables[/url]

SQL-4-Life
  • Two ways, topic options in the upper right here (blue bar)

Post again, change the default to "no subscription" in the drop down.

• He he he he thanks Steve,

If only I had taken the chance clicked the subscribe button under options I would have seen what you are saying...

thanks so much sorry for the waste of time

Try to learn something about everything and everything about something. - Thomas Henry Huxley

SQL-4-Life
  • Chris,

Certainly not a waste of time, and glad I could help.

• Steve Jones - Editor (4/15/2009)

Two ways, topic options in the upper right here (blue bar)

Post again, change the default to "no subscription" in the drop down.

Steve I'm having a similar issue, and your instructions to "Post Again" and change the default just isn't sinking into my thick skull.

In the screen shots below, I'm subscribed to a topic....I can see the Topic Options you mentioned.

If I go to "Subscribe To Topic", I don't see anything about changing default...i can either subscribe, or subscribe with instant notification, I don't see any other option.

Please rub my nose in it.... I can't seem to unsubscribe except by going thru the lsit of all topics I've subscribed to, like Christopher said at the top of the thread....yet he caught on to the other method, but I'm not as sharp i guess.

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

• Hi Lowell

I'm not sure if it works, but try:

"My Account" -> "Forums Control Panel" -> "Topic Subscriptions" (bottom left corner) -> Select the topic, select "Unsubscribe" on bottom and click "Update Selected"

Best wishes

Flo

• Thanks Florian, but it's the "select the topic" that is killing me

that navigation provides the paged navigation list of all 2500 + subscriptions I've subscribed to...in the case of, say "Are the Posted Questions Getting Worse" , I have to sift thru 50 plus pages to find that thread...or your thread on "Performance issue with tally table", it took e two attempts on the first 6 pages of the search....

I wanted to go directly to the thread and unsubscribe...

there's gotta be an easier way.

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

• Lowell,

There isn't a better way right now. I periodically spend 10-20 minute killing off threads from my subscriptions.

I'm not clear, are you trying to find a thread or subscribe to a thread, or unsubscribe from one?

• Steve Jones - Editor (5/2/2009)

Lowell,

There isn't a better way right now. I periodically spend 10-20 minute killing off threads from my subscriptions.

I'm not clear, are you trying to find a thread or subscribe to a thread, or unsubscribe from one?

UN-subscribe is what I'm trying to do; adding a subscription is no problem; it's just un-subscribing from a thread that is the problem...it's not easy to find an older thread sometimes. Also, after page #50 the search simply repeats, so if you subscribe to over 500 threads, you cannot find anything "older" than 500 threads in the past to unsubscribe.

Lowell

• I agree. It would be real handy to click on Topic Options and be able to select "Unsubscribe from this topic only".

Of course, it would also be nice if the code windows worked correctly for IE, as well (hint, hint, hint). 😛

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.
    "Change is inevitable... change for the better is not".

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)
    Intro to Tally Tables and Functions

• Steve Jones - Editor (5/4/2009)

Hint taken, it's on the list.

Thanks, Steve. Just an FYI... I've upgraded to the other "sin"... IE8. No changes to report. Everything previously stated still holds.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.
    "Change is inevitable... change for the better is not".

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)
    Intro to Tally Tables and Functions

• Hi Steve,

Another suggestion is that when you actually viewing your full list that you can select all. rather than having to tick every single topic you want to unsubscrbe from.

The other thing I notice and not sure if it was mentioned but if I am currently recieving emails for a topic and then when viewing the topic go

Topic options--> subscribe --> change it to no email notifications, I'm still getting emails...

Thanks in advance 🙂

SQL-4-Life
  • I'm also experiencing issues where I have un-subscribed from a topic and am still getting notifications. Currently the one that annoys me the most is the topic for today's QOD.

Thanks.

-Luke.

To help us help you read this[/url]For better help with performance problems please read this[/url]

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply