Upcoming contributor milestone

• I would just like to point out to the moderators that at the time of writing Jeff Moden has a score of 999386 and so is only 600 points off hitting 1 million (and either resetting his score or crashing the forum :))

I don't think this milestone should go unacknowleged.

• Thanks for posting your issue and hopefully someone will answer soon.

This is an automated bump to increase visibility of your question.

• Chant:   "Mo-den ...Mo-den...Mo-den !!!"

• Heh.  Thanks for the notice, Aaron, but those points are a bit bogus and a left over from times long gone when LIKEs and other forms of upvotes just seemed to crawl out of the wood work for apparently no reason at all (as least from what I could tell by the tracking tools back then).

I am, however, pretty proud of the following and, like I say during my presentations, "I'm the leading poster (again... Gail and I traded spots a long time ago and then she quit posting and I overtook her again) and some of the posts are even useful". 😀

What I really need to do is to write a couple of articles about some of the really cool stuff I've found out and have done over the last couple of years.  I've been considering writing a stairway about the "Black Arts" of Index Maintenance but I'm still discovering some new things there.

If you'd like a video preview of some of the things I've "discovered", please see the following.  If I do say so myself, you might want to invest in a water-cooled helmet first. 😀

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvZwMNJxqVo

A bit of a warning.  They edited 3 advertisements into the presentation and they come on suddenly and loud.  They're important because, without sponsors, event's like GroupBy would not be possible.  I just wanted to especially warn you if you're wearing a headset because they ARE loud and sudden.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.
    "Change is inevitable... change for the better is not".

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)
    Intro to Tally Tables and Functions

• Indeed, Jeff

very-loud-headset-22423360

Johan

Learn to play, play to learn !

Dont drive faster than your guardian angel can fly ...
    but keeping both feet on the ground wont get you anywhere :w00t:

- How to post Performance Problems
    - How to post data/code to get the best help[/url]

- How to prevent a sore throat after hours of presenting ppt

press F1 for solution, press shift+F1 for urgent solution 😀

Need a bit of Powershell? How about this

Who am I ? Sometimes this is me but most of the time this is me

• I miss Gail 🙁

I met her once.  I picked her up from Birmingham international airport when she came over for SQLBITS one year.  She is/was one of the most knowlegeble people about SQL in the real world and was truly wasted in the company she worked for.

I have also had the pleasure to meet Steve Jones (Got a Selfie at BITS) and sit in on a presentation by Pinal Dave.

Just need to meet you, Phil Parkin and Joe Celko now and I have the whole set. (Oh and of course Brent Ozar who is the SQL overlord...)

• Likewise, you and Phil are the only ones on this thread that I've not yet met in person.  Brent did a presentation for us several years back and a couple of us had dinner with him afterwards.  It was quite a treat.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.
    "Change is inevitable... change for the better is not".

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)
    Intro to Tally Tables and Functions

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply