UPDATE STATISTICS - through maint plan

• The optimizations job that runs "update statistics" for our system databases fails in the msdb database. This was created through a maintenance plan. This is the error we get...

[Microsoft SQL-DMO (ODBC SQLState: 42000)] Error 1934: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]UPDATE STATISTICS failed because the following SET options have incorrect settings: 'QUOTED_IDENTIFIER, ARITHABORT'.

Wondering if anyone has run accross this...

This is SQL Server 2000 SP1. The only difference between this server and all our others is that it is the (MSX) server for our multi server administration...

Now I've tried setting these options on in the database, then I only get the error about quoted_identifier. Maybe if I restart the agent to clear connections it would stop complaining about quoted_identifier... I just don't know if I should really be changing these options though. Works every where else...

Thanks!

John Aspenleiter

John Aspenleiter

• From bol:

SET ARITHABORT must be ON when creating or manipulating indexes on computed columns or indexed views. If these are two settings that you need to be OFF, set up a job to turn them ON before updateing statistics and then turn them OFF after.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply