Updating data in DB

• Imma try to be clear and will show a table =) Sorry to everyone for being not clear in the past.

I have such table: http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/4810/temp12nv.jpg

I'm trying to accomplish procedure that would insert values into column SApproved. So I have next variables passed into procedure @LeaveID, @RegFee, @ETFee, @MiscFee, @LodgingFee, @FoodFee

So how can i match it? I mean how can I make RegFee go into a row with Name Registration Fee? And etc?

• Simple thing like that:

UPDATE Leave_Professional_Funds SET [SApproved] = @RegFee WHERE [LeaveRequestID] = @LeaveID AND [Name] = "Registration Fee"

UPDATE Leave_Professional_Funds SET [SApproved] = @ETFee WHERE [LeaveRequestID] = @LeaveID AND [Name] = "Mode of Travel"

UPDATE Leave_Professional_Funds SET [SApproved] = @MiscFee WHERE [LeaveRequestID] = @LeaveID AND [Name] = "Misc Cost"

UPDATE Leave_Professional_Funds SET [SApproved] = @LodgingFee WHERE [LeaveRequestID] = @LeaveID AND [Name] = "Lodging Cost"

UPDATE Leave_Professional_Funds SET [SApproved] = @FoodFee WHERE [LeaveRequestID] = @LeaveID AND [Name] = "Food Cost"

Doesn't work for some reason. (Invalid Column name 'Misc Cost', 'Loding Cost' and etc.)

• got it to work.

• First:

You should replace your " for '

Second:

all can be replaced using a case statement that way you make a single pass to the table:

UPDATE Leave_Professional_Funds SET [SApproved] = case  when  [Name] = 'Registration Fee' then  @RegFee

when  [Name] = 'Mode of Travel'   then  @ETFee 

when  [Name] = 'Misc Cost'        then  @MiscFee

when  [Name] = 'Lodging Cost'     then  @LodgingFee

when  [Name] = 'Food Cost'        then  @FoodFee

else  [SApproved] end

WHERE [LeaveRequestID] = @LeaveID

* Noel

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply