Upgrade 2005 to 2008 sql server

• I ran the upgrade sql server 2008 on sql 2005 machine and it ran successfully. I thought after upgrading all the database should be converted into 2008 sql server by checking compatibility level. the level is still SQL Server 2005(90).

Few question.

- After upgrade, do I need to run any tool to migrate 2005 objects to 2008 ?

- After upgrade, do I need to convert analysis database, cubes, integration to 2008 sql server.

• After inplace upgrade..you need to change compatibility mode to 100 manually.

• That's all we have to do.. How about integration packages and Analysis cubes

• you have to upgrade ssis packages,recreate all SQL Agent jobs,setup db mail,rebuild index and update stas with full scan,recreate alerts and warnings,enable all startup proc`s and run dbcc checkdb on all user and system db`s.

• I just checked about the option when I was upgrading to 2008. there is a option called " Launch Upgrade Advisor Analysis Wizard"

when I trying to click that it is prompted me to enter Instance name, when I enter instance as Server Name it gives me an error. like "A network related or instance specific error occured while establishing a connection to SQL Server"

Do you think this wizard will upgrade SSIS packages to 2008 packages. ?

• no, it will not upgrade SSIS Packages.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply