upgrading from 2012 standard to 2012 Enterprise

• Hi
    Dres anybody know of any issues to be aware of when upgrading from SQL2012 Standard Edition, up to SQL2012 Enterprise Edition.
    I would of thought there are none as things supported on standard will also be supported on Enterprise.
    The reason for the upgrade is to implement TDE. We currently use log shipping and I know this is ok as far as Enterprise is concerned.

• PearlJammer1 - Tuesday, September 5, 2017 4:07 AM

Hi
    Dres anybody know of any issues to be aware of when upgrading from SQL2012 Standard Edition, up to SQL2012 Enterprise Edition.
    I would of thought there are none as things supported on standard will also be supported on Enterprise.
    The reason for the upgrade is to implement TDE. We currently use log shipping and I know this is ok as far as Enterprise is concerned.

If you're staying on the same release version, and simply upgrading the licence version there should be no issues. You won't be losing any functionality, and there's no breaking changes as the Data engine hasn't changed; you simply have access to more of its functions.

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply