Upgrading Packages from 2005 to 2008

• Hello All

I need to upgrade the ssis packages from 2005 to 2008. I am not using any package configuration (XML files).

But when we upgraded the server from 2005 to 2008, the server names which are hardcoded in the package are changed. Now when I am trying to upgrade the packages from 2005 to 2008, they are resulting in an error.

Now do I need to open each and every package and point out the connection strings to the new server and then upgrade the package or is there any other way to do the upgrade??

• I think the upgrade wizard does want to reach out to the server to validate and update any metadata necessary to make the upgrade a success. You can open all your SSIS packages in a text editor like TextPad or UltraEdit and do a simple search-and-replace to update the server name. The upgrade wizard will also want to update some OLE DB provider strings from something like SQLNCLI.1 (SQL 2005) to SQLNCLI10 (SQL 2008) which may be a source of problems if it cannot connect to the server to verify.

There are no special teachers of virtue, because virtue is taught by the whole community.
    --Plato

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply