Urgent HELP ME¡¡¡¡¡¡ Some one

• quisiera saber como poder hacer que se guarde el log de mis dts en una tabla especifica , o como hago para que mis dts guarden el log de la operacion y como modificarlos via transact-sql

• quisiera saber como poder hacer que se guarde el log de mis dts en una tabla especifica , o como hago para que mis dts guarden el log de la operacion y como modificarlos via transact-sql

I think he's saying i want to know hot to enable a log for my DTS to a write to specific table, or how to make my DTS create an operation(windows log?) and how to modify my DTS via T-SQL

here's my try at spanish: it's ugly, but it might get the point across about his original issue:

un paquete de DTS noescribe al ningun table en defaulto. es solemente al un .txt file en la systema del Windows. por este razon, otros personas demande a ver el texto actual de la paquete del DTS que esta llamando del command line...es possible , pero no probable, que en el texto existe en el documento y dice el nombre actual de la file por logging...por ejempo d:\logs\DTS\NombreDePaquete.log; pero tambien es posible que el paquete no esta escribiendo al disco.

tambien en el Enterprise Manager, es posible a decir que un paquete va a escribir al un file, pero no hay nungun table en el SQL server que tiente los resultados del un paquete del DTS.

por favor, presenta un link que tiene el texto actualizado del su paquete del DTS.

Tambien, se puede verlo : abre la documento in Notepad.exe, y busca pr ":".

doh! edit: my hopefully coherent answer in english:

a DTS package doesn't write to a table by default, it only writes to a txt file in the Windows operating system. For This reason, other people asked to see the actual text of the DTS package you are calling from a command line... it's possible, but not probible, that the text contains the actual name of the file used for logging, for example d:\logs\DTS\NombreDePaquete.log; but it is also possible that it is not writing anything to disc.

Also, in Enterprise Manager, it is possible to tell a package to write to a file, but there is no table in sQL server that receives the results of a DTS package.

please give us a link to the actual DTS package; also, it is possible for you to see it, open the file in Notepad and look for a colon.

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

• Hey Lowell - Just a thought but it might be nice if you were to post in English as well in case anyone wanting a similar answer reads this thread.

Thanks.

David

@SQLTentmaker

“He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose” - Jim Elliot

• DavidB (1/29/2009)

Hey Lowell - Just a thought but it might be nice if you were to post in English as well in case anyone wanting a similar answer reads this thread.

Thanks.

Agreed, but more so that I can follow along as well.

• doh i should have thought of that...edited.

I took some spanish in school, but living in South Florida, I get to struggle with it a bit, just enough to try and help out.

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

• clperez271172 (1/29/2009)

quisiera saber como poder hacer que se guarde el log de mis dts en una tabla especifica , o como hago para que mis dts guarden el log de la operacion y como modificarlos via transact-sql

No. El registro para DTS es un archivo en unidad de disco. No es una table de SQL. Puedes importar a SQL, y modificarlo despues.

Claro?

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• Lowell (1/29/2009)

a DTS package doesn't write to a table by default, it only writes to a txt file in the Windows operating system. For This reason, other people asked to see the actual text of the DTS package you are calling from a command line... it's possible, but not probible, that the text contains the actual name of the file used for logging, for example d:\logs\DTS\NombreDePaquete.log; but it is also possible that it is not writing anything to disc.

Also, in Enterprise Manager, it is possible to tell a package to write to a file, but there is no table in sQL server that receives the results of a DTS package.

please give us a link to the actual DTS package; also, it is possible for you to see it, open the file in Notepad and look for a colon.[/i]

Lowell,

I may be nitpicking, but DTS doesn't log anywhere by default. Logging always has to be explicitly enabled in the package. When enabled, it can log to either a .txt file or to msdb.dbo.sysdtspackagelog. Logging to any other table would have to be done with code in a package task.

Greg

Viewing 7 posts - 61 through 66 (of 66 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply