Urgent Need: How to connect SQL Server 2000 Database by using ASP .NET

• Hello!! I am the very beginner for developing ASP web application. I am now urgently to write ASP web application by connecting to MS SQL Server 2000. I would like to know how to use datagrid to access data inside the SQL Server 2000 through ASP .NET. Thanks you for kind attention!!

• With such a generic post, I don't think you'll get many responses, so I thought I'd at least send you a URL.  You can find some sample code and tutorial information on using datagrids with ASP.NET at the following page:  http://www.411asp.net/home/tutorial/specific/web/userinte/webcontr/datagrid

Good luck!

• Umm, yeah...read up on ADO.NET?  I would start by doing some research on the subject before posting something.  However, I have pity today...below is a VERY generic routine...

Dim sqlCon As New Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection("Data Source=MyServer;Initial Catalog=MyDB;UID=UserName;PWD=Password")

Dim sqlAdapter As New SqlClient.SqlDataAdapter("Select * From [Table]", sqlCon)

Dim dsData As New Data.DataSet("MyData")

sqlAdapter.Fill(dsData)

dgDataGrid.DataSource = dsData

'Clean Up

If (Not IsNothing(sqlAdapter)) Then sqlAdapter.Dispose: sqlAdapter = Nothing

If (Not IsNothing(sqlCon)) Then sqlCon.Dispose: sqlCon = Nothing

'NOTE:  Do Not Destroy the DataSet or the Grid will not display Data

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply