Urgent: Restore Hangs

• Nothing happens when I attempt to restore a particular database. I started a trace and I see that a command is actually issued to the server, but nothing happens.

The .mdf & .ldf are created on OS; however, the process never ends.

FYI - Yesterday, AWE was enabled on this server. I don't know if the 2 are related, but thought that this info. could be useful. Please HELP!!!

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Suggest you provide some more facts so that others may be able to get a better picture of your situation.  How long do you wait? There is some overhead stuff that happens before the restore will kick in.  Depending upon your environment and the size of the database, and probably more factors that others may be wise enough to ask about, the process can seem to be taking a long time to start.  At least I have seen some things like this that I also questioned when trying to use a backup from a large database to create a test database on another server.  Hope this stirs you to provide more details, and others to question you further.

Mike

• Were you able to restore before the changes on the server. Which options do you choose for the restore? How do you execute the restore?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply