User name not accessible to asp pages

• Hi,

I have a databse where there are three to four object owners with each having admin role to database.But when my application (asp pages) try to access tables or SPs having Owners other than "DBO" they are not accessible.What might be the Reason? 

• How does login occurr for the processes. If it is a generic user thru ASP then it will be limited. If the user must login first (to the admin section at least) then you need to use their login for the pages and not the generic login to the database. Make sure if you are going to setup so you can use the users login that you also enable SSL to protect their user account and password from being sent cleartext.

• My pages use windows authentication and i connect to database by connection string and in this connection string i uses my sql derver login id and password.While i can access all the objects in query analyzer using same account,why cant in asp pages?

• Make sure that ASPNET or the Windows account that IIS is using has been granted permission to access your database.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply