using bcp , loading one one of many records??

• I am learning alot about bcp. I have a text file I am trying to load to a table. BCP loads the first file very well. It gives me no errors on the dos prompt or in the error file (-e). There are multiple records in the file and it only loads one. I have a terminator of "/r/n" on the last line of the format file. I tried moving the first line to the end, thinking perhaps it was the record but no luck. Any ideas.

Also, I tried to load another table,here is the scenario. I created the base format file using BCP then modified the file adding and changing the location of the rows in relation to the input file. When I try to run bcp it says it is finding an unidentified version of the format file. The version number is 7.0 and that is what was on the file as a result of creating it in BCP? Any suggestions on either? Thanks in advance.

William H. Hoover

Louisville, Ky

sweeper_bill@yahoo.com

William H. Hoover
    Louisville, Ky
    sweeper_bill@yahoo.com

• I found that the reason I was only loading one record was the \r\n terminator I typed as /r/n.

I also found that I got the unidentifed format file version was because I used sqlchar instead of SQLCHAR. FYI...

William H. Hoover

Louisville, Ky

sweeper_bill@yahoo.com

William H. Hoover
    Louisville, Ky
    sweeper_bill@yahoo.com

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply