Using Global Variables with Declared Parameters

• I generate a first and last date in a SQL Task as a global variables that I want to pass to a Transform Data Task. I have the following SQL query in the properties of the Transform Data Task:

---- query in Transform Data Task ----

DECLARE @Ld datetime

DECLARE @HD datetime

select @Ld as StartDay, @HD as EndDay, a.strname, a.device, min(a.startdate) starttime, max(a.enddate) endtime, sum(a.amtPaid)/100 amtpaid, sum(a.amtprinted)/100 amtprinted, sum(a.no_sold) sold, sum(a.no_cashed) cashed, sum(a.amtvoid)/100 amtvoid, sum(a.no_void) void

from (

SELECT sum(convert(numeric, iAmount)) amtPrinted, sum(0) amtPaid, min(dtPrinted) startDate,max(dtprinted) enddate, strName, 0 no_cashed, count(*) no_sold, Devices.strdevicename device, 0 amtvoid , 0 no_void

FROM  Voucher

INNER JOIN  Sys_User ON Voucher.iPrinterID = Sys_User.iUserID

INNER JOIN  Devices ON Voucher.iDeviceID = Devices.iDeviceID

WHERE dtPrinted >= @Ld AND dtPrinted < @HD

group by strname, Devices.strdevicename

UNION ALL

SELECT sum(0) amtPrinted, sum(convert(numeric,iAmount)) amtPaid, min(dtPaid) startDate,max(dtpaid) enddate, strName, count(*) no_cashed, 0 no_sold, Devices.strdevicename device , 0 amtvoid, 0 no_void

FROM Voucher

INNER JOIN Sys_User ON Voucher.iPayorID =Sys_User.iUserID

INNER JOIN Devices ON Voucher.iPayDeviceID = Devices.iDeviceID

WHERE dtPaid >= @Ld AND dtPaid < @HD and (strVoucherstatus = 'PD' OR strVoucherstatus = 'HP')

group by strname, Devices.strdevicename

UNION ALL

SELECT sum(0) amtPrinted,0 amtPaid,min(dtPaid) startDate,max(dtpaid) enddate, strName, 0 no_cashed, 0 no_sold, Devices.strdevicename device,sum(convert(numeric,iAmount)) amtvoid, count(*) no_void

FROM Voucher

INNER JOIN Sys_User ON Voucher.iPayorID =Sys_User.iUserID

INNER JOIN Devices ON Voucher.iPayDeviceID = Devices.iDeviceID

WHERE dtPaid >= @Ld AND dtPaid < @HD and strVoucherstatus = 'VD'

group by strname, Devices.strdevicename ) a

group by strname, device

order by strname, startTime

--- continued ---

How do I assign the global variables to the declared parameters @Ld and @HD in the Transform Data Task? use a SET @Ld = ? doesn't work. Inserting ? in place of @LD and @HD doesn't work either. Any suggestions would be very helpful. Thank you.  

• instead of using the trnasform data task use the execute sql task and pass the global variable values by using ?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply