Using SSIS to export data from a 64 bit server to 64 bit Excel 2016

• I would like to export tables to excel 64 bit from SSIS or 64 bit export from SQL server. It fails with the error Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.16.0 is not registered on the local machine. I was wondering if anyone has had this experience and what was the work around to resolve it?

I have tried other solutions on the internet which did not work for me.

• On your SQL Server instance, in SSMS, go to

Server Objects/Linked Servers/Providers and check which version of the ACE driver appears there.

Assuming version 16 is there, try running the export in 32-bit mode.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Phil Parkin (1/6/2017)

On your SQL Server instance, in SSMS, go to

Server Objects/Linked Servers/Providers and check which version of the ACE driver appears there.

Assuming version 16 is there, try running the export in 32-bit mode.

Also note that an xlsx file does not have 'bitness' – the same file format is used by 32- and 64-bit Excel clients.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Sounds like the same issue in the topic here: http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic1847487-3740-1.aspx

There's a link to the drivers the link.

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

• I believe that it is either 32 bit or 64 bit excel driver per machine. I have 64 bit office installed only. The 64 bit export works for everything else but excel.

Thanks.

• This will not work Install the x86 drivers, and give it another try. Excel connections (at least 2014 prior), only worked with 32 bit drivers, not 64 bit. I don't know about 2016 (I haven't tested), but this tells me that this hasn't changed.

Edit: P.s. If you can, give the server a reboot after installation. If it can't and it doesn't work, do a restart so when you can and try again.

Thank you.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply