Version Control of SSIS in SQL server 2008

• We have a project that has been developed by outside consultants using VSS as a source control. When they are going to be turned it over to the us, we want to disassociate from VSS and use tortoise SVN for source control. As a first step I am trying to open a package in BIDS decoupling the source control and I am getting an error saying " unable to open document, BIDS needs to be installed. To install integration services, run the sql server installation selecting Integration Services". Can anybody highlight what I might be doing wrong in this?

Thank you

• Though this may sound blatantly obvious, did you install BIDS on this machine? 🙂

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• The administrator installed that. But recently the same question occured to me too. If you can tell me how I can check whether BIDS is installed quickly, it can help me.

Thank you

• I checked on my machine. I find Intelligence Development Studio icon and thru that only I tried to open the project and when I open a particular SSIS package it complains about source control many times and then I tell the dialog to permanently dissociate from the version control andthen I get the error message saying that BIDS needs to be installed.

• I have a few thoughts.. First this is a 2005 forum and you are talking about 2008, which is it? And do you have the correct version of BIDS installed? Second, depending on the OS I've seen problems where you didn't run BIDS as an administrator by right clicking on it and selecting "run as administrator"..

CEWII

• It is 2008 and I am sorry I posted in the wrong forum. I will try to run it as an administrator.

Thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply