very urgent please

• I have a values in float clumn 330420968

when i casting to varcha it shows 3.30421e+008

so i unable to macth another table I need exact values of the data

330420968 to 330420968

Please help me to ....

• How about casting to a decimal first?

What is the range of your values?

SELECT CAST(CAST(330420968 AS DECIMAL(32,0)) AS VARCHAR(32))

• Why are you casting to varchar in the first place if you're going to match the values too another table?

This is very urgent? Why?

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Because his homework assignment is due in the morning?

Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain. -- Friedrich Schiller
    Stop, children, what's that sound? Everybody look what's going down. -- Stephen Stills

• Bob Hovious 24601 (10/12/2009)

Because his homework assignment is due in the morning?

LOL, do you have something against software engineers 😛

Just remember to a software engineer, everything is urgent...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [highlight]Recommended Articles on How to help us help you and[/highlight]
    [highlight]solve commonly asked questions[/highlight]

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help by Jeff Moden[/url]
    Managing Transaction Logs by Gail Shaw[/url]
    How to post Performance problems by Gail Shaw[/url]
    Help, my database is corrupt. Now what? by Gail Shaw[/url]

• I believe this is the third question which I have seen marked "urgent" from this particular OP.

Obviously, it's all urgent to him. But arguably getting a solution to a problem is always urgent to whomever is posting. His problems don't deserve any special consideration. I find the use of the word annoying to the point that I've decided to no longer post answers to questions marked "urgent."

Stop, children, what's that sound? Everybody look what's going down. -- Stephen Stills

• Silverfox (10/12/2009)

Bob Hovious 24601 (10/12/2009)

Because his homework assignment is due in the morning?

LOL, do you have something against software engineers 😛

Only lazy ones.

p.s. I was a software developer, I still consider myself more a developer than a DBA.

Gail Shaw
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

• I am a developer, but even if I weren't my opinion about the urgency of these questions still stands.

Understand, I am not saying the OP doesn't have a right to ask these kinds of questions in the forums. However, my understanding is that SSC is not intended to be a crisis hotline. Adding "urgent" or "please help me" strikes me as being fairly immature, which leads me to believe that they are issues related to homework assignments.

• Bob Hovious 24601 (10/12/2009)

Adding "urgent" or "please help me" strikes me as being fairly immature, which leads me to believe that they are issues related to homework assignments.

Or a project that's been left to the last second.

My take on things: The more a question reads 'urgent!!!', the less likely I am to post an answer, but that's just me.

Gail Shaw

• I like it when they mark it as urgent, and then post again an hour later complaining that no one is helping them.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply