VS 2010 DB Project crashing on Copy/Paste

• I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place to post this, but maybe someone has ran into this. I've just started using a Database Project in Visual Studio 2010 so I can get our DB objects into TFS, and though it's working great it crashes very often. I've found that if I have the Database project open in VS 2010 and copy anything either from VS2010 or even from another application (SSMS, Chrome, Word, you name it) then VS2010 just crashes. It doesn't happen all the time, but it's often enough that I'll have to abandon using VS2010 for DB management if I can't find a fix.

Microsoft does have this kinda documented in a few places, but I've installed all patches, SP1 and every update MS has for Windows (running Win7), SQL, VS, you name it.. so has anyone else ran into this or maybe have any thoughts?

Also if this isn't the appropriate place for this please let me know and I'll move it.

Thanks --

• how much memory does your developer machine have?

I find VS2010 is very resource intensive; a single isntance devenv.exe is currently 1.4 gig or ram for a big project, and two others are using 464K and 304K, respectively.

when i run low on ram, and stuff starts getting swapped to disk, i've seen VS2010 start getting buggy, reporting fake errors, refusing to build even when there was not changes, and worse;

the solutions been to close VS and reopen again, letting it creap back up to huge memory reserves, where i have to rince and repeat.

my machines not a wimp either; 4 gig of ram's not a horrible developer machine.

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply