Warning: "xxx\instancexxx\databasename" is a corrupt file. This file cannot verify.

• Hi,

I encounter the above warning message in our veritas backup log. The master, model and msdb databases are stated in the log.

I've done DBCC CHECKDB on master, model and msdb databases and it doesn't report any errors. I've checked the SQL error log, however no errors or warnings are reported by SQL server.

This is the first time, we counter this warning message. I'm just wondering if it's the false alarm. If not, what should I do to ensure that my database files are not corrupted.

In addition, we are using veritas backup exe 10d.

Really appreciate your feedback.

Thanks,

Best Regards

• This is tell you that your file is not verified when the veritas system does the system check. I use veritas as well and sometimes it gets very picky. This could very well be a warning from the veritas side especially if you have confirmed all your db's in question within SQL. Also after you check everything within SQL...it may be wise to run a new backup of your system db's to see if the error persists.

Thanks

Darryl

DHeath

• Hi DHeath,

Thanks for your feedback. I believe it's false alarm since I didn't encounter the same warning from veritas backup on the next following day.

Cheers,

• Have you got a server somewhere where you can do a test restore of your backup. I know restoring system databases is a pain but for peace of mind I would recommend that you test that a restore will actually work.

In my environment I use Litespeed and had a nasty shock when I tried a restore to a separate box. It turned out that Litespeed expects the patch levels of SQL Server to be identical.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply