we are getting an error listed below in a sqlserver job its status is success full but its throwing error msg inside the step but job is still running successfully

• Hi All,

Please do help

we are getting an error listed below in a sqlserver job its status is success full but its throwing error msg inside the step but job is still running successfully

Executed as user: user1. Msg 7202, Level 11, State 2, Server abc, Line 1

Could not find server 'abc' in sys.servers. Verify that the correct server

name was specified. If necessary, execute the stored procedure sp_addlinkedserver

to add the server to sys.servers. OLE DB provider "SQLNCLI" for linked server "abc"

returned message "Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors. Check each OLE DB status

value, if available. No work was done.". Process Exit Code 0. The step succeeded.

Thanks

Naga.Rohitkumar

Thanks
    Naga.Rohitkumar

• What kind of jobstep is this?

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• its a normal job step which it runs a linked server inthat we just want what is the resolution for this

Thanks
    Naga.Rohitkumar

• Why don't you try what the error says. Add the server using sp_addlinkedserver.

• we have already created linked server before the job was created

and also checked for remote procedure rpc enabled or not

checked every thing and the linked server test connection is also success and even though the job is running fine with out failing

but in the view history if we check the msg then this is displaying the msg which i have posted in this thread .. so we do want to rectify tjs one also

so please mention the exact solution

this version is running with sqlserver SP4 so there is no options to say for updating the patch [sqlserver sp2 cumulative update as in some threads suggest ]

Thanks
    Naga.Rohitkumar

• What is the query in your jobstep that is causing the error? What do you get if you run this query?

SELECT name, product, provider, data_source, location, provider_string, catalog

FROM sys.servers

John

• changing sqlserver linked server names as per security policies

as SQL01 ,SQL02

sample out put i got

name product provider data_source location provider_string catalog

SQL01 SQL Server SQLNCLI SQL01 NULL NULL NULL

SQL02 SQL Server SQLNCLI SQL02 NULL NULL NULL

Thanks
    Naga.Rohitkumar

• If the linked server has been setup properly, the issue might be in the usage. How is the linked server referred to in the job?

• Yes, that was my question, as yet unanswered. Also, it may help to investigate this part of the error message: "Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors".

John

• yes linked server was setup there in the server to which i has to point

and also its is created in the server 2 and its pointing to server1 and a job which is running will sync the data from server 1 to server 2 by using linkedserver sql01

Thanks
    Naga.Rohitkumar

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply