What’s In Your (Junk) Drawers?

• Hi everyone, my name is Nicole and I am a code magpie. There, I have admitted I have a problem but I am sure that the code will come in handy some time... well maybe not code for Access 97. OK, perhaps I do need to clean up a little! At least I only have one junk drawer in the kitchen! Oh, wait I have numerous drawers in my bedroom and ... Oh well perhaps October really is the month of garbage collection. Lucky we (Australians) have a long weekend this weekend! Yippee!

Cheers,

Nicole Bowman

Nothing is forever.

• PASS: The big name thing we tell our bosses we're going to for our hidden agendas... Code Magpie's Anonymous. Remember, meetings are at 8, 10, and 12, both days.

- Craig Farrell

Never stop learning, even if it hurts. Ego bruises are practically mandatory as you learn unless you've never risked enough to make a mistake.

For better assistance in answering your questions[/url] | Forum Netiquette
    For index/tuning help, follow these directions.[/url] |Tally Tables[/url]

Twitter: @AnyWayDBA

• Nicole Bowman (9/29/2011)

Hi everyone, my name is Nicole and I am a code magpie. There, I have admitted I have a problem but I am sure that the code will come in handy some time... well maybe not code for Access 97. OK, perhaps I do need to clean up a little! At least I only have one junk drawer in the kitchen! Oh, wait I have numerous drawers in my bedroom and ... Oh well perhaps October really is the month of garbage collection. Lucky we (Australians) have a long weekend this weekend! Yippee!

Cheers,

With you there, Nicole! As an Aussie, you would know a few of us have Sheds. For the uninitiated, these are large devices designed to contain the tsunami of stuff, with a roof to keep off the rain. Mine is approx 4mx2mx2.5m, and chokkers, even after a recent clean-out. Not a good enough place to store all those CDs with old code (Access 97 included, dBase3, clipper, an install disks for NT4, SQL server 7 and the like...), those are inside in a cupboard. And this Labour day, I have no intention of exploring either.

Ever heard that nice explanation about Junk and Stuff?

Stuff is junk that you can't throw out, junk is stuff that you can.

• Junk drawer(s), junk box(es), junk shed(s), junk garage(s), junk storage unit(s), junk house(s)...

There's therapy for this, right? And a TV show... :hehe:

Here there be dragons...,

Steph Brown

• Stephanie J Brown (9/29/2011)

There's therapy for this, right?

You're probably right. But what hope is there for code magpies when there are such enablers as 1TB external hard drives?:ermm:

CP

• ChrisP-374390 (9/29/2011)

You're probably right. But what hope is there for code magpies when there are such enablers as 1TB external hard drives?:ermm:

My "code magpie" tendencies are limited by my obsession with always having backups of everything--so a 1Tb external drive would be fine, but I'd need another one to keep a copy of what's on the first one!

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply