What did you do before SQL?

• Hi!

Various college jobs, trainer of computer courses/network admin, network admin -> DBA!

I really like my job!

Edited by - Roust_m on 09/25/2003 06:13:54 AM

• I used to be a janitor when I am 7 yrs old.

My first job in the morning is to clean the bathroom. I also went to market to buy food to cook for the family of 7 for lunch and dinner. Of course I also attend school as other children too.

After high school and went to college and eventually got into the school of business trying to pursue accounting degree but then switch major to finance. I met a guy who introduce me to database and oh my I was so excited that I marched into the dean's office asking what kind of courses I need to take in order for me to receive I S degree. The the full year of C++ on my back it wasn’t too long for me to complete double majors(finance and IS). I also was lucky enough to get internship as a report writer. Basicly writing oracle report . When I graduated from college, I spend a couple of months working as an independent contractor. My first job was title ‘Engineer’ actually writing MS SQL report for about 6 months. I became friend to the DBA and he tought me all the skills to be come DBA, eventually he allows me to take responsibility as the DBA while he went to vacation. We left the company the same day and went our separate way. It’s been over 7yrs now since I am doing this stuff and they are just as rewarding as my first day of work.

At 2nd company I used to work 50 to 60 hr a week (of course no overtime paid either.) 24X7 on call with 99.99% uptime requirement and the only DBA in the shop for an e-commerce startup company.

To sum up I haven’t done anything much besides MS SQL Server database. I am getting older and now and has a family as older parents to take care so I prefer to work at a place that recognize balance in life and work. I like it here where I am.

Viewing 2 posts - 61 through 61 (of 61 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply