What do i need permession for system table ?

• 🙂

• :unsure:

• Sorry, everyone.

I lost my question.

My question is blow.

I need got all objects script for PROD . but my right is not enough. so I want to apply permession for DBA. What do i need permession. currently , i can't read any system table. so if run sp_who2 proc and result only about myself.

thanks

Fisher

• What exactly do you need to do? You do not need sysadmin just to script tables out. View definition rights to the schema is adequate.

Leave the system objects alone, they're not yours to play with.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Would SELECT rights on the INFORMATION_SCHEMA be sufficient?

• Thx reply,

I'm generate database all objects script. perform Task->generate script get blow error message

This property may not exist for this object, or may not be retrievable due to insufficient access rights

I think of my right issue.

🙂

• blow is used 'Task->Generate Scripts' reported error message

Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.PropertyCannotBeRetrievedException: Property Text is not available for DefaultConstraint '[DF__ArbBuy_DI__IsRem__1837881B]'. This property may not exist for this object, or may not be retrievable due to insufficient access rights. at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlScriptPublish.GeneratePublishPage.worker_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e) at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e) at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

I have 'db_datareader' right for Source database, but when i generated script for table ,it was still report error.

What's reason ?

• Fish Man (1/13/2011)

Sorry, everyone.

I lost my question.

My question is blow.

I need got all objects script for PROD . but my right is not enough. so I want to apply permession for DBA. What do i need permession. currently , i can't read any system table. so if run sp_who2 proc and result only about myself.

thanks

Fisher

you would require the following

GRANT VIEW SERVER STATE TO yourlogin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs" 😉

• Thanks for Perry Whittle

I will try it.

thank you very much.

🙂

• Fish Man (1/16/2011)

Thanks for Perry Whittle

I will try it.

thank you very much.

🙂

You will need your database administrator to grant this permission for you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs" 😉

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply