what is the best way to integrate orable db with sql sever 2005 db.

• Hi Greetings,

I need to integrate oracle tables with sql server 2005 tables. Updates must be done on schedule basis from oracle to seq server 2005. what are the possible ways and were can I get details about that? could any one help me out?

Thanks

Vallu

• Please be more specific about what you mean by 'integrate'.

Can the SQL Server data be updated by anything else?

Is there are date/time last updated field on the Oracle tables?

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Hi Phil Parkin,

As a part of my work, I have to pull data from oracle database and insert or update them into the Sql Server 2005 Database. This as to be done based on schedules. I want to use few columns of data from Oracle db tables not the whole table's data. This is my basic task.

Now my query is: How to link with Oracle which is on a different server with Sql Server 2005?

what process shell I use to pull data on a regular basis from oracle to sql server 2005?

Options like linkedservice, SSIS, DTS etc what I have to use and which one is the best?

Thanks

Vallu

• This is an SSIS forum, so you won't be surprised that that is what I would recommend 🙂

DTS is the SQL Server 2000 version of SSIS and is therefore old technology. I don't know what you mean by 'linkedservice'.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply