What kind of DBA are you?

• I will continue to live in my make believe world for as long as I can.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1491861000307198203&hl=en Mine is the second to sing. I expect that I have little chance of that "30" thing.

• Bob Fazio (4/10/2008)

I will continue to live in my make believe world for as long as I can.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1491861000307198203&hl=en Mine is the second to sing. I expect that I have little chance of that "30" thing.

Do you mean your daughter is the second to sing? The tall one? She has a beautiful voice.

• DonaldW (4/10/2008)

Yes. That is my daughter. And thank you! If they ever do post the parents performance, perhaps I will send the link out for all to get a good laugh. (I will not however, point myself out)

• Bob Fazio (4/10/2008)

DonaldW (4/10/2008)

Yes. That is my daughter. And thank you! If they ever do post the parents performance, perhaps I will send the link out for all to get a good laugh. (I will not however, point myself out)

Her voice reminded me of a Disney character. The one who sang Belle in Beauty and the Beast (?).

• Bob Fazio (4/10/2008)

DonaldW (4/10/2008)

Bob,

Just remember this in the future when your daughter might have to do the same thing at her children’s events.

Most of the time I use Sequel. Depending on the situation and/or my mood, I will use ess que ell. I think using Sequel probably comes from someone I worked with when I first leaned what it is.

Ian.

"If you are going through hell, keep going."
    -- Winston Churchill

• OK so for the next poll, I say we see who votes to have at LEAST a redirect from http://www.sequelservercentral.com to here. Who is with me??? :w00t: Just kidding.

There has been some good material here.... someone asked about Prequel, and then there was Microsoft Squeal.... couldn't find any classes on that though... very good stuff!~

• I'm an Ess Cue Elle type of DBA. This is due to my Oracle DBA background prior to adding to my skill set as a SQLServer DBA. I don't care how a person says the word as long as we are tasking about the same thing.

Adonia

• adoniadelavigne (4/10/2008)

I'm an Ess Cue Elle type of DBA. This is due to my Oracle DBA background prior to adding to my skill set as a SQLServer DBA. I don't care how a person says the word as long as we are tasking about the same thing.

Adonia

I tend to say sequel simply because that's what I heard when I started, however I will use ess cue elle, too, depending on the circumstances.

(Great avatar. I love that character.)

• Here's another vote for "squeal". Been working with a very difficult system lately.

And you know the SCSI interface? It had to have been designed by geeks and not marketing, otherwise we'd pronounce it "sexy", not "scuzzy".

• I tend to say "sequel" when talking about the overall environment and SQL when talking about coding. Think I'm simply going to use squeal for both from now on! That'll definitely turn some heads in confusion - how come he got new software and we didn't???? :laugh:

-- You can't be late until you show up.

• I tend to say Sequel, unless I am in a group of folks who all say ess-que-ell. I like the sound of squeal though. It definately brings the sound of banjos to mind.

Regarding SCSI, I remember back in my highschool BBS days that a lot of the Apple users were trying to get us all to say "sexy" rather than "scuzzy". I only had a cassette drive on my CoCo 2, so it was all irrelevent to me.

• OK so for the next poll, I say we see who votes to have at LEAST a redirect from http://www.sequelservercentral.com to here. Who is with me??? Just kidding.

I'm glad you used sequel for that address and not squeal... I fear that could bring the wrong sort of publicity?!? :hehe:

Ade

A Freudian Slip is when you say one thing and mean your mother.
    For detail-enriched answers, ask detail-enriched questions...[/url]

• I just checked, squealservercentral.com is available. Steve?

Or maybe we should set up a parody site. We could use Brandy's pirate themes...

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• Grant Fritchey (4/24/2008)

I just checked, squealservercentral.com is available. Steve?

Or maybe we should set up a parody site. We could use Brandy's pirate themes...

I've already come across the right byline for that.....

"Paddle faster - I hear banjo music playing..."

:hehe:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your lack of planning does not constitute an emergency on my part...unless you're my manager...or a director and above...or a really loud-spoken end-user..All right - what was my emergency again?

• We might just fit right in...

and

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 103 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply