What processor?

• We are looking a a DL760 with 8gb of memory and 8 processors. We have a choice between 900mHz-L2 8mb or something faster with no on board cache. This is a datawarehouse database server on a compaq SAN. Is the recommendation still to go with processors having on board L2 cache?

• go with as much cache on the proc as possible data close to the processor is very important. We have several machines with faster procs but the ones with more cache and a little slower still perform better overall. Don't forget your choices of OS'es and memory constrants as well. Those kinds of things can impact upgradeability.

Wes

• Don't the XEON's go up to 2Ghz now with a 2MB cache?

• I haven't seen any thing bigger than 1.4 or 1.6 with 2mb cache on them.

• Several websites shows the highest processor for a DL760 as 900/2mb L2 cache. Where did you see the 2ghz/2mb??

• Sorry, on the DL760 nothing bigger than 900mhz period they are comming out with a new box in march time frame that will use the new P4's I was just talking available procs from intel in general

Wes

• Ah, sorry, I was thinking about the ML570 - a 2Ghz 2MB XEON has just become available as standard.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply