when report is exported to pdf pages are skipping...

• Hi Guys,

I just want to know how to insert page numbers in the footer on all pages but not on the first page.

i.e i dont want page number on the first page but i want it on all pages on the footer.

for which used the following =IIF(Globals!PageNumber<>1,Globals!PageNumber,nothing)

which worked properly when i am viewing the report in the preview tab, and i can see 17 pages...

but when i am exporting tht report to the pdf format or when i am viewing the print preview option...i am getting 62 pages...

i am aware tht i can get more pages but the probs is the data is skipping.....its on 1st and not on 2nd....its on 3rd and not on 4th...so on....

can u help me in solving this???

• Sounds like some part of your report is extending outside the page dimensions. That'll cause the every-other-page output. Make sure no part of your report plus the margins is wider than the page. For example, if your margins are half inch each (1 inch total) and your report body (or page header or footer) is even 7.51 inches on an 8.5 inch page, you'll get the extra blank page. SSRS is so picky about this that I usually set all my report sections 1/8 inch away from the margin just to be safe.

Also, for future ref, if you have another case where you need page number on all pages but the first, you can add a page footer and place the global page number in it and set the entire footer to show on all pages but the first (& or last as the case may be).

HTH

[font="Comic Sans MS"]toolman[/font]
    [font="Arial Narrow"]Numbers 6:24-26[/font]

• I fought with that same problem for a week when I first started writing reports in Visual Studio... my problem was I was changing the sizes/margins in the properties for the form, but not the page. Two seperate sets of properties. My Form was stretched further than my page, i.e. - Landscape reports... change the size from 8.5x11 to 11x8.5, but I had to do it in both spots. I only did it on the form which stretched onto 2 pages. VS/SSRS can be a very sneaky combo, but you gotta love it. 😛

• Hi there

Yip, I would agree in saying that your problem lies with the page margins and width thereof. No part of the page can be more than a standard page, if this is the case, every second page will either be blank or split up among the data. Make sure that your page, plus the margins dont exceed the size of an A4 page. Width should not be more than 21 cm, and hight should not exceed 29.7. Count in your page margins too. Select properties in the grid and see the width and hight, and remember to add the margins to this, if they add up to less than 21 / 29.7, you should be fine and sorted, if not, you will get the results that you are getting now. Should you wish to print in Landscape, shop your width and height measurements around. Hope this helps. This is probably the only things that I hate about SSRS, and that I feel they should of catered for better. Happy editing!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply