Where do these darn MS_DiagramPane extended properties come from?

• Hi Folks

One of our dev machines generates a bunch of extended properties automatically. These appear to have something to do with the EM view designer and the way the panes are laid out.

This is something we could gladly live without. Anybody know how to turn off this "helpful" feature?

Thx -- Andrew Culver

• We don't use VS, only EM. I have looked for an EM setting but so far to no avail.

• Did you ever find out what they were all about? I just started a new job and there's a ton of them, and I haven't really been able to find out the where/why. I'm also pretty sure they're not from Visual Studio as the company doesn't own it, but won't count it out (I don't put it past the consultants to have a copy). It's code like this

EXEC sys.sp_addextendedproperty @name=N'MS_DiagramPane1', @value=N'[0E232FF0-B466-11cf-A24F-00AA00A3EFFF, 1.00]

Begin DesignProperties =

Begin PaneConfigurations =

Begin PaneConfiguration = 0

NumPanes = 4

Configuration = "(H (1[37] 4[17] 2[20] 3) )"

End

Begin PaneConfiguration = 1

NumPanes = 3

Configuration = "(H (1[69] 4[23] 3) )"

End

Begin PaneConfiguration = 2

NumPanes = 3

Configuration = "(H (1[50] 2[25] 3) )"

End

Begin PaneConfiguration = 3

NumPanes = 3

Configuration = "(H (4[30] 2[40] 3) )"

End

Begin PaneConfiguration = 4

NumPanes = 2

Configuration = "(H (1 [56] 3))"

End

Begin PaneConfiguration = 5

NumPanes = 2

Configuration = "(H (2[66] 3) )"

End

....And goes on and on.

What's it all about? I know its an extended property, but what does it do? Why is it there?

• That looks like one of the View designer layout settings. It just stores the layout of the table panel in the View designer and can be removed if you don't need it, for example if you are scripting for a software release.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply