Where is my ReportServer database

• Anyone know how you find out which server your ReportServer and ReportServerTemp databases are on ? 

We have a number of Reporting Services installations which have just the SQL Client on and the actual ReportServer and ReportServer databases are held on remote SQL Server installations. 

I've looked all the files in the Reporting Services directory and in inetmgr but can't find any clues.

Many Thanks

• You can find the SQL server instance hosting the meta databases by checking the install logs on each reporting server.  These by default live in C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\RS Setup Bootstrap\Log   extract the  RSStp_.cab file and the txt files will indicate which server was used. 

This is all well and good if you have not made any mods since install, but its another question if you have run rsconfig and changed the server / sqlinstance holding the metadat post install.  I am not sure if you can then find out what the current db server is, would like to hear from anyone knowing an answer to this one.

Derek

• Sorry should have mentioned that the .log file extracted from the CAB is RSMSI0.log, do a find on RSDATABASESERVER  and this points to db server.

• Excellent. That is just what I wanted. Thankyou very much

NB. On one of my servers the log file was called RSMSI1.log - possibly the log file name gets incremented with subsequent RS installs.

Re. rsconfig.  I am not sure about this either. There must be a log file somewhere. 

• No problem, I might try altering a rep server environment here and see if it logs the new DB server location, I will advise if I find anything.

Regards from Australia

Derek

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply