Which of these indexes should be deleted?

• Huh? Don't understand what you're asking

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • I run this query on my database.

Most of the result are : PK_ ... ?

Why?

(note that in all our tables , we insert an id column - identical - that is pk and clustered index. and Unrelated to business)

What do I do now?

change cluster? delete cluster?

• sm_iransoftware (1/29/2015)

I run this query on my database.

Why?

(note that in all our tables , we insert an id column - identical - that is pk and clustered index. and Unrelated to business)

What do I do now?

I presume that you aren't really talking about clusters, but clustered indexes. Deleting a cluster is quite a radical solution.

Can you post a sample create table script for one of these?

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• sm_iransoftware (1/29/2015)

I run this query on my database.

Those are probably the indexes enforcing the primary keys.

What do I do now?

Why do you think you need to do anything?

Gail Shaw
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

• Because I read somewhere , PK and Clustered index, can be separate (These two do not necessarily Be one thing)

And it's better that clustered index related to Bussiness and on a benefit field that use in queries.

• sm_iransoftware (1/30/2015)

Because I read somewhere , PK and Clustered index, can be separate (These two do not necessarily Be one thing)

And it's better that clustered index related to Bussiness and on a benefit field that use in queries.

Which question are you answering here?

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• sm_iransoftware (1/30/2015)

Because I read somewhere , PK and Clustered index, can be separate (These two do not necessarily Be one thing)

They can be, yes.

Maybe, maybe not. Depends on queries, tables and a whole lot more. Changing a clustered index requires a huge amount of testing first. It's not something you do without analysis and testing first.

Gail Shaw

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply