Which One Do You Want?

• If we're talking Corvettes, why not go back to the REAL Corvette: 1953/4

-- FORTRAN manual for Xerox Computers --

• Steve Jones said:

"Instead I'd enjoy the look and feel and prefer a modern engine, transmission, starter, etc. "

While that comment was made in reference to the '29 Mercedes replica you currently have the great basis for an upgrade with your 914.  Check out Renegade Hybrids for how you can upgrade the power and performance of that little car.  Chevy engine and Porsche 930 trans....

And in difference to both the Jeep and Land Rovers I would go IH Scout.  True they have not been made since '80 and are great off road stock, but you can buy one and then go to D&C Extreme in your own backyard to have it built even better.  However if you are never inclined to ever go offroad why even consider a Jeep? 

Dream Car - '67  to '70 GTX. 

• Did any of you catch the Barret-Jackson classic car auction last week (on TV or in person) in Arizona? Wow, were there some amazing vehicles (with amazing prices as well). Very, very cool.

I am very partial to the Pontiacs (GTO, Tempest, Lemans etc.)circa '64-'66. My grandfather bought a 1966 Tempest new which was eventually passed on to me. Not a GTO but still a sharp car. Unfortuantly, 20 plus years of Minnesota winters pretty much ate the car up. I ended up selling it in the mid '80's (I regret it now of course).

Someday I'll own one again.

I would agree with Jat H as well. Can't beat vintage Vette either.

• Opps...sorry about that Jay. (Fat fingered that one). I meant Jay H. not Jat H.

• If you really do want modern engineering and like UK styling a Jaguar D type replica from Lynx is pretty good choice and available in LHD or RHD. 300Bhp too!

http://www.lynxmotors.co.uk/index1.htm

• Ah, thanks Steve.  You've gotten me thinking about my once and future favorite car: 1969 Chev Camaro RS/SS with 350, 4 sp, and cowl induction. 

I had one when I was 20 and wrecked it.  Now, I'd have to sell one of my kids to buy another.

Greg

Greg

• I was a rally racer in Colorado for a few years, driving a Subaru, but I have always like the standard production sports cars. My current baby is a classic RX-7... fun to drive and the power and smoothness of the rotary are unbelievable!

Yeah a geeky car chick... heheheee

Jasmine

• It would have to be 1975 Ford Bronco with aftermarket softtop. Nothing like that 3-speed on the column shifter! This will out handle the CJ7 any day. I've had both and will always go with the "original" style Bronco. Not to be confused with the Full-size model or Bronco-2!!

• Personally, I don't have a "favorite" car, aside from the one that I drive daily (Toyota Camry), but my partner's uncle restores cars and I think he has a 67 Corvette (red), it's really nice.  I rode it in once when we went for a motorcycle breakfast trip, but he just had surgery, so couldn't take his 1500 Goldwing... and I'd take the motorcycle any day over the convertible.

He also has a Mustang... maybe a 59? in powder blue.  And he is currently restoring a Barracuda and just sold a cadillac convertible last year, or the year before down at Barret-Jackson's.  I can't remember the year on that one, but it was the full fin version (longer than his motorhome and once the fins where on it didn't fit in his garage!).  I think he re-did it totally, or almost close to spec, even the stero was the old style.

BUT, if we were talking about motorcycles.... Honda Rune!  Now that is one HOT bike   Visit http://powersports.honda.com/motorcycles/

And under Valkyrie Cruisers is the Rune.  There's a great video that you can watch on the Rune - think Lord of Rings of motorcycles   But, unfortuntately much bigger than I can handle... the Honda Spirit is what I am currently looking at for myself (once I actually get my bike license).  Currently I am co-rider (read: "passenger") on a lovely Honda Goldwing 1200 - which is also very nice, btw.

Anyway.. hopefully by this spring/summer I will be able to do a local bike course, and get a starter Spirit - probably the 750 if I'm not ready for the 1100.

Cheers,

Dolphin/Michelle.

"Work like you don't need the money;
    dance like no one is watching;
    sing like no one is listening;
    love like you've never been hurt;
    and live every day as if it were your last."
    ~ an old Irish proverb

• You want to talk about geek cars/bikes... I think the DOLMETTE has got to be the king.  A 24 cylinder power bike powered by Dolmar Chainsaws.

http://www.dolmar.com/755.php

To help us help you read this[/url]For better help with performance problems please read this[/url]

• For it was 4x4 vehicles at the beginning. Had a Jeep Variant completely modified with Japanese Turbo Diesel, Intercooled and transmission.

Then i got my hands on a Landrover Discovery V8 4 litre (ya'll call it the big block). WOOOOOOAH. Off-road or on-road, i was awesome. Off-road in my case is the tropical jungles of South-East Asia.

Then i had a CRX 1.6Si and it was my first experience with a two seater fast car ( i know, i know it is not "Fast"). No power steering and it was low, just nice to squeeze into the car. With some mods in the engine to VTec components, it was mind blowing. The 1.6litre was doing 250kmph.

The final straw was when i bought a Subaru Impreza in Dec 2004. The Asymmetrical All-Wheel Drive changes the way i think of cars. The handling was superb, in wet and slippery road. I was doing sharp high-speed turns and if the car ever slipped, the car would quickly adjust itself into straight line again,all done by varying the power send to each wheel.... i could hear the brakes and the drivetrain adjust to the varying power each wheel was getting. I think the one problem with SuperCars, especially the Italians, they forgot about things like this. NO wonder we don't see a Italian manufacturer in the WRC top drawer.

• Another "Kit" possibility?

I've long wanted to "over-power" an Opel GT, so that it ran like a 'Vette,

which it somewhat resembles.

• Another "Kit" possibility?

I've long wanted to "over-power" an Opel GT, so that it ran like a 'Vette,

which it somewhat resembles.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply