While Replicating: Login failed for user ''(null)'' Error 1040

• <<No Reply??? Please help!!>>

I'm also getting this error: Cannot find "sp_MSin_EVENTCATEGORY"... Any Clue?

Regards Chander

Hi,

I've just set up the transactional replication (Publisher & Subscriber are on different servers, SQL*Server 2000 Standard Edition, Windows 2003).

It created the initial snapshots successfully and even created the table structures across the subscriber but the tables are empty yet. But the 'Push Subscription' is failing with this error: Login failed for user '(null)': Not associated with the Trusted sql server.

I checked the login property and the authentication is for "SQLServer and Windows both". I checked the user logons for distributor, publisher and subscriber and they all are same.

Any clue why am I getting this error? Somehow the tables are created while replication but no data and further failure is occuring?

Please help...I'm new to sql server

Thansk & Regards

Chander

•  

Run SP_SCRIPTPUBLICATIONCUSTOMPROCS '[PUBLICATION NAME]' on source database and that will generate a script. Copy the script and execute the script on Destination database. If you have any questions ... let me know.

BK

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply