Who added a login?

•  Hello,

Is there a way to find out who added a sql login to a server? I'm working really hard on removing unused sql logins. But we have multiple sql admins and I see someone is adding them back.

Thanks

• Probably the only way is to run Profiler and capture the commands being run.

-SQLBill

• Thanks for your reply. I'm thinking of escalating the issue to minimize a number of DBAs. We have at least 6.

• Interesting question, here we have a group of DBAs that has SA's privelege and 5 or more group of DBAs that does development work and has no SA's privelege, yet can still get their work done.  To ask who added the login would be very easy because they should have been requested by development dba.  Maybe what you need is to defind who should has SA's privilege within your company and the formality of request that could be kept track on who request the new login and who actually perform the work.

mom

• Have you ASKED the other DBA's if they added the logins?

-SQLBill

• Yes, nobody replied so far...

• What does the user account have for permissions and if no one knows for sure just disable all permissions until a user grips and tells you who added.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply