Who can help me to write a MDX script

• I have a location dimension and in it I have region and site attribute. One region can have multi-sites

Now I want to union two sets like

Set 1:

region1 50

region2 30

Set 2:

site1 24

site2 26

site3 17

site4 13

And in the final result I want it looks like

region1 50 1

region2 30 1

site1 24 2

site2 26 2

site3 17 2

site4 13 2

Here the third column is to indicate it's region or site

Does anyone can help me for this?

• Hi xyzsuper,

if I want to have the MDX-Code of any query, I usually display my cube through a end-user-client. I check "Options - Display MDX-Code" an then I copy and paste the code wherever I want to. You can download a trial-verion here: http://www.rbic.de/dwee

Regards

Ralf

• Hi,

If you already have the two sets,

then you can 'union' them like this :

Union(Set1,Set2)

or

Set 1 + Set 2

or

{Set1,Set2}

Franky

Franky L.

• Ok first, you need to remember that you can't create a "set" of members from more than one attribute hiearchy. Logically attributes are "crossed" to create results.

However, you can combine attributes to create a hierarchy. While this might seem to violate the above rule, think of it as creating a third thing, which you're going to use.

Create an attribute hierarchy, something like [Location].[by Region]. Put the region attribute as the first level, then the Site attribute as the second level.

Now, on to your sets.

The first set could either be defined as the list of the individual members { [Location].[by Region].&[region1], [Location].[by Region].&[region2] } or more compactly as [Location].[by Region].[Region].Members. The second set could also be compactly defined as [Location].[by Region].[Site].Members. Creating the union of these two sets is simply { [Location].[by Region].[Region].Members, [Location].[by Region].[Site].Members }. This is valid, because both sets are part of [by Region].

For your "third column", simply create a measure (i.e. [RegionLevel] ):

[Location].[by Region].CurrentMember.Level.Ordinal

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply