Who know for reporting server?

• I am playing install reporting server in my laptop, after scuessful install, they ask rsactivate, when I ran rsractivate comand says

Failure starting the web service:

The local NT Service is not activated

What should I do for this> What is local NT service? I have windows 2000 prefessional and have reporting service install in my box and reporting SQL box to one of my DBA test SQL 2000 services pack 3 box?

Thanks

Rachel

• Do you have IIS installed?  And dot net framework 1.1?

Russ

Russel Loski, MCSE Business Intelligence, Data Platform

• Yes I have both, otherwise my install will fail, install scuessful but when initial fail?

Rachel

• I get the same error and I have looked into the above link. Still No go....

• Hey!

Anyone got solution. I am also getting same error. ....

• I am getting the same error as well! Gosh Darn Microsoft, why can't they make a product that just works?

Anyway, I have a couple of thoughts. I have been using the Developer Edition install to create databases on my DB server. Is it possible that the Developer Edition installation does not create Web Farm compatible databases?

The other thought is that early on in the installation process, I am prompted to either log on as a local service, use a Domain Account. I have chosen to log on as the NT Admin service. Perhaps this is the cause?

• To follow up on my previous post, during the installation there is a screen called, "Service Account". On this screen, there are two choices for selecting the account under which the ReportServer Windows service will run. You may...

Use a built-in account (which defaults at NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM)

Use a domain user account (where you'll supply the user name, password, and domain)

By default, Built-In account is selected with NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM selected. I went with the default, and trying to RSCONFIG/RSACTIVATE a 2nd installation, to a ReportServer database located on another machine, may not work if using a local NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM account.

I'm going to do some more testing and I'll post my results.

• Well, I reinstalled from scratch using a Domain Account instead of NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM, and RSConfig worked successfully!

However, when trying to RSActivate, I got a different error message:

Failure starting the web service:

Unexpected database error (-2147159548) 0x80040e14

When searching for this on Microsoft's KB, I did not see a clear-cut identification. There are references to the Jet DB engine and bad SQL statements, nothing of help that I've been able to recognize.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply