Why the TUF file will not create?

• Hi All,

I have a Question?

Why the TUF file will not create when we configure the Logshipping in NORECOVERY mode.

Regards
    Chowdary...

• The TUF (transaction undo file) is only important when you configure the Log Shipping secondary in Standby/Readonly mode. In NORECOVERY mode there is no need to maintain the list of transactions that needed to be undone when the log was restored because there is no requirement to undo anything, i.e. to present a transactionally consistent database for users to connect to.

There are no special teachers of virtue, because virtue is taught by the whole community.
    --Plato

• Thank OPC,

It's cleared for me.

Can we change the TUF file path after configuring the Logshipping....

Regards

Chowdary...

Regards
    Chowdary...

• You may be able to, never tried it. Here is how I would attempt it:

1. Disable the restore job on the secondary but let copy job continue to run.

2. When the copy job delivers a next new log file from the primary, manually restore it to the secondary database specifying norecovery. This will apply any undone transactions from the TUF to the database.

3. When the copy job delivers a next new log file from the primary, manually restore it to the secondary database specifying standby and the new path to the TUF.

4. If the TUF in the original location was not deleted by the time you complete step 3 then manually delete it from disk.

5. Finally, enable the restore job on the secondary and run the backup, copy and restore jobs inn sequence to ensure log shipping is still functioning as intended.

Reference for step 2 and 3:

RESTORE (Transact-SQL) SQL Server 2005

There are no special teachers of virtue, because virtue is taught by the whole community.
    --Plato

• Thank you Mr.Opc,

I have to do test then let you know if i get struck.

Once again thanking you...

Regards
    Chowdary...

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply