Windows cannot load extensible counter DLL MSSQLSERVER, the first DWORD in data section is the windows error code

• Hi All,

I have checked the eventviewer and found that every two minutes i have the following error entry in my eventviewer.... How to solve this problem....

----------------------------------------------------------

Date 22/01/2009 17:20:41

Log Windows NT (Application)

Source Perflib

Category (0)

Event 3221226495

Computer DHSVISQL-PRD

Windows cannot load extensible counter DLL MSSQLSERVER, the first DWORD in data section is the Windows error code.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date 22/01/2009 17:20:41

Log Windows NT (Application)

Source Perflib

Category (0)

Event 3221226495

Computer DHSVISQL-PRD

Windows cannot load extensible counter DLL SQLSERVERAGENT, the first DWORD in data section is the Windows error code.

Regards

Shashi Kant Chauhan

• Check out the following, i hope this helps:-

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/912399

Additioanlly check for isable Performance Counters" key under [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSSQLServer\Performance]

Also you need to ensure that SQL Server Service account has permission to access the following Keys:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSSQLServer\Performance]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSSQLServer\Performance\Library]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Perflib\009\Counter]

Regards

Pranab

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply