wmi cpu alert

• Hi,

how can i create a WMI alert that check if cpu is over lets say 90% and stay like that for 1-2 minutes then alert me?

THX

• I am looking to do the same thing. Ever get a response? Right now I was thinking of constructing a CLR Proc and using that to store and determin cpu, hd etc metrics I want to counter. But it seems like there should be an easier way to do this.

• i didn't find any easy answer for that.

• This scenario is a perfect shoe-in for SCOM (System Center Operations Manager 2007).

SCOM is the perfect tool for monitoring this and a myriad other aspects of your server's daily existence.

__________________________________________________________________________________
    SQL Server 2016 Columnstore Index Enhancements - System Views for Disk-Based Tables[/url]
    Persisting SQL Server Index-Usage Statistics with MERGE[/url]
    Turbocharge Your Database Maintenance With Service Broker: Part 2[/url]

• SCOM is amazing, but expensive and very hard to configure - properly.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms366332.aspx

I do believe you can hit non SQL WMI counters ... I am looking into this myself.

• Adam Bean (6/13/2008)

SCOM is amazing, but expensive and very hard to configure - properly.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms366332.aspx

I do believe you can hit non SQL WMI counters ... I am looking into this myself.

Yes, there is indeed a steep learning curve with SCOM as I am finding out...

I have started taking my first baby steps with it recently.

I feel though that once one has mastered configuring and customizing SCOM, the payoff will be huge.

__________________________________________________________________________________
    SQL Server 2016 Columnstore Index Enhancements - System Views for Disk-Based Tables[/url]
    Persisting SQL Server Index-Usage Statistics with MERGE[/url]
    Turbocharge Your Database Maintenance With Service Broker: Part 2[/url]

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply