WSFC service not started in second node

• Hi..

I have configured Alwayson HA setup as following environment and versions, and working fine to client side by connected with AG Listener.

Two Node WSFC setup. Node1 (Primary), Node 2(Secondary Replica). Normal quorum(Not shared disk)

Server Platform: HyperV

RDBMS: MS SQLSERVER 2012 64 bit with SP2

Totally confused when I am doing testing Failover method between two nodes. automatic failover not happened.

Just shutdown Node1 and try to connect at client side by using AG Listener name but not succeeded, also Cluster name and AG Listener name are not pinging, Second node2 cluster service is not started by automatically due to as below errors. So how will connect client and overcome this issues?

Any modification need to be done on both side WSFC and AlwaysOn SQL? for achieving and automatic failover.

Cluster network 'Cluster Network 1' is partitioned. Some attached failover cluster nodes cannot communicate with each other over the network. The failover cluster was not able to determine the location of the failure. Run the Validate a Configuration wizard to check your network configuration. If the condition persists, check for hardware or software errors related to the network adapter. Also check for failures in any other network components to which the node is connected such as hubs, switches, or bridges.

Client side got connected once Node1 get started again also cluster services started.

Thanks

• Simulated AO setup.

1. Just stop the SQL Services in Node1 and connect AO Listener at client. It got connect and succeed - OK.

2. started Node1 SQL services and stop the SQL Services in Node2 and connect AO Listener at client. It got connect and succeed - OK.

3. checked Manual Failover method on both the nodes and AO Listener connected at client side

I need to reconnect or refreshed at client side then only AO Listener connected at client above all testing.

Msg 10054, Level 20, State 0, Line 0

A transport-level error has occurred when sending the request to the server. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.)

Automatic Failover not happened when node1 shutdown mode.. I think WSFC setup looking for quorum disk for take automatic failover technique solution.

what I did AO configuration during setup as follows. and done as following pre requisites.

1. Both the server enabled and configured WSFC.

2. created cluster Object in Node1 and include Node2 while creating cluster object as well as IP address. (and get pinged from AD with cluster object and IP address.

3. Not created any quorum disk on both the servers due to not using shared storage.

Could you suggest me, did I missing AO setup and any pre requisites?

Thanks

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply